Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Birthdays, mortality, and The End

Forgive me a little self-indulgence, if you please.

I turned 29 today. As in, one year from 30. 9 from 20. 11 from 40. 21 from 50.

29, in all respects, should not be a "big deal" birthday (my list is as follows: 16, 21, 25, 26, 30, 40, 50). However, in my family, the DW men do not last beyond 60. They just don't.

So am I looking at my midlife crisis? This is the question I've been pondering all morning.

Perhaps it's best that I haven't heard "Happy Birthday" from many today. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing what's so "happy" about it.

2 comments:

ramblin' girl said...

H....
ok, how 'bout have an awesome birthday... happy or not!

Birthday beers on me, whenever you have time! (now that should make you a little happy!

Wendy said...

happy late birthday and don't worry. Modern medicine will force you into your hundreds...oh god.

Happy Birthday!