Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anything Left?

We were in the studio last night, recording what we thought would be just one song (the ever-popular "Anything Left") for a radio contest we want to enter. Ended up recording four songs total, and actually working through most of three and got Anything Left almost perfect. All in all, a very successful undertaking.

We're still going to enter Anything Left for the radio contest, but I'm more than a little impressed with our work on "The Score," a rollickin' good time of a song that has just enough dirt to make it feel pretty grungy. A true, straight-ahead rock song, if I do say so myself.

At first, I wasn't convinced that we'd have a shot in this contest. After working with Jamie at Module Overload Studios - easily the best value in town as far as recording studios go - and working through a lot more than we were expecting and still staying on-budget, and hearing the clean, clear, delectable sounds that came out, I'm fully expecting delivery into the top 20. Anything Left is THAT GOOD.

Now I feel like an asshole for blowing my own horn, but... fuck it, it's true. I'll be sure to post if we do make the top-20 so y'all can vote for the song and try to get us in regular rotation on KTCL.

NP: Cake - Motorcade of Generosity

1 comment:

ramblin' girl said...

any chance of a preview?