Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Ode to My Friend Patrick

My friend Patrick is brilliant. More than that he's compassionate, and has a way with words that can easily calm me when I need it.

I'm bursting to hear from Maggie, who is currently in Mexico with a skeevy douchenozzle of an ex boyfriend for the wedding of his brother to her friend from college. And just as I'm going to explode, Patrick calms me down.

And I quote, "dude. Guru Patrick figures that at this point it is out of your control. just have a drink, shut her out and think/meditate inwardly until she's back in town."

Dammit, he's right. I'm going to pour myself another Vodka, smoke a cig, and start meditatin' like a motherfucker.

That'll show her.

1 comment:

cindy said...

i think we could all benefit from some more guru Patrick words of wisdom. i think i need to hear it just as much as you do, about a lot of things. Le sigh. may the zen ensue.